The electronics are from Maruti but the seats & soft-touch design elements have been borrowed from Fortuner/Innova.
BHPian smilingakash recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Guys, the Hyryder is now widely available at most Toyota dealerships. So take a stroll and observe the underpinnings.
I spent 20 mins with the vehicle with my family over the weekend. Observed the top model ‘V’ variant which I have booked.
I was amazed by how long the car is. Proportionate and loved its commanding presence. The car will not disappoint you on this front. I was wondering for such a long and wide car why the interior looks cramped.
- Rear seat- 4 full-size adults and a Pint-Sized child or 3 Petite Adults at best.
- Boot- We all know it was small. However, if you are willing to keep the parcel tray and battery tray at home, the space is just about passable. For a family of four on a 1-week trip, there will always be a bag or two on the rear seat.
- Cabin- Looks compact and gives a feeling of less room. However, the legroom is very decent.
- Interior- Electronics from Maruti, but seats and soft-touch design elements have been borrowed from Fortuner/Innova.
- Instrument Cluster- Impressive, the top-variant will not disappoint you here.
- Music System- Could not make out much, but SA mentioned of a superior quality music system on the top model.
Test Drive & Availability
Test Drive: Should be available by next week. They were sending vehicles to the stockyard. Uttam Toyota had 3 colors available when I arrived, they kept one for display and had plans to send the rest to the stockyard.
Allotment: I booked really early (Earlier than the official launch). As a matter of fact, I only paid 11K as the booking amount.
Mine was the Dual Tone Enticing Silver+ Black roof. Had some doubts about the color when we saw the dirty and muddied car. The SA (Navin) was very helpful, he got the car cleaned and we were sold on the color combination.
We were told, our model and color combination is 2nd on the list (Only one other potential buyer had booked the same combination earlier with the dealer). High chance of getting the car in the 1st allotment itself and delivery could happen this month only. At max, should get it in the next allotment.
According to SA, there is one allotment to them every month. Under each allotment, they get a fixed number of cars+color combinations by Toyota.
Will do a test drive next week. As long as the car has decent low-end torque, good suspension & handling and is able to negotiate initial acceleration, then I am satisfied. On Indian roads, I am not a fan of overtaking at triple-digit speeds.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article