I get average fuel efficiency of 12 kmpl overall although 75% of my 3200 km travel has been on the highway.
BHPian parthdmaniar recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Thank you to the Team BHP community. I must have read 50 recent pages of the Jeep Compass thread as part of my decision making process. I purchased a diesel, manual, Limited edition of the Jeep Compass. I have purchased the car from Landmark, Worli, Mumbai.
PDI and the delivery:
- There is an article.
- A PDF checklist from Team BHP that is easily printable. I used this option.
- During PDI, I found couple of issues. I was heartbroken, especially as this is our first family car. I documented the issues via WhatsApp and E-Mail. I further insisted the lose panel be video taped while being fixed.
- I checked the VIN of the car using this thread.
- I used this URL and added my car’s VIN to download the inventory (totally optional, I did it for fun).
- Tyre air pressure was very high on delivery. 42 for the front and 37 for the rear.
- Refer to this post for the costing of accessories I was provided (August 2022 purchase). I would recommend purchasing slush mats over 7D.
- I found this post particularly useful for accessories guidance.
- My connectivity module was not operational on delivery. I would recommend checking your Jeep Life App connectivity. If it does not work on delivery, have the dealership team coordinate for it to be done. In my case, I had to follow-up with Mopar customer care. They solved the issue in two calls.
One month ownership experience:
- I’ve driven the car 3200 kms in the first month.
- I have travelled to Vaibhav Wadi, Goa and Pune from Mumbai. During my trip to Vaibhav wadi there was an unexpected patch of potholes that the car went at 80 before I could slow it down. I haven’t found any issues but I will double check this on my first service. The front mudguard has touched twice – once on a bad bump and once on an incline in a hotel.
- I visited the service center at Andheri, Mumbai once to have a minor rubber ingress fixed and have my DEF topped. Entire process was very professional and smooth.
- There is a minor noise (vibratory in nature) from the sunroof. I haven’t gone to the service center to have it checked. It is not constant or frequent. I am unsure as to why it happens. However, I could easily pinpoint the panel by pressing my finger against it. I am unsure if I should have the panvel opened up because of it.
- I get average of 12 overall although 75% of my 3200 km travel has been on the highway. I do have a habit of starting the car and keeping it in idle for about 7 to 10 minutes before I start any journey. Is this a good practice or not required anymore – guidance on engine warmup would help me
- I got PPF done from Detailing Dons workshop at Mahalaxmi Mumbai. I took Llumar PPF with 5 years warranty that covers anti-yellowing since mine is a white coloured car.
I’ve attached few photos.
I want to once again thank the community at Team BHP for being humble and helpful to first time (anxious) car buyers.
I will update the thread as my ownership continues. I hope you find the consolidated information useful.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information
Source: Read Full Article