At 34,700 km an anti rattling kit was installed due to a kat kat sound coming from the dashboard area. Though the sound vanished on its own, we still installed the anti rattling kit.
BHPian Samba recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Got the 120,000 km service done at 110,450 km:
The service was done at Saini Toyota Howrah. Needless to say, as always they were professional and did the job well.
- Engine oil (Fully synthetic).
- Engine oil Filter.
- Air Filter.
- AC filter.
- 4 spark plugs.
- Changed the brake oil.
- Wiper blade.
- AC gas top up. (Ac cooling went down considerably, after charging the gas, it’s cooling like before).
Damage to pocket – Rs 8,317.
The overall maintenance cost over these 11 years and 110,000 km:
Parts replaced outside the annual scheduled maintenance:
- 6000 km- To replace the fuel hose as it was a recall from Toyota. Cost – 0.
- A leaked shock absorber at 18,000 km. Cost – 0 (Changed under warranty).
- Upgraded the stock front shock absorbers to the stiffer shock absorbers under warranty at 22,000 km. Toyota gave their customers a choice and I opted for it. Cost – 0.
- At 23,000 km changed one tyre due to side wall cut. Cost Rs 3,400 (FNG).
- A blown out fuse at 22,000 km due to using a faulty mobile charger. Toyota changed the fuse for free.
- The stock horn was replaced at 27,000 km due to malfunction. Cost – Rs 100 (FNG).
- At 34,290 km the following parts were changed- Front disc pads with rotors, rear left shock absorber had a leak so replaced both of them. Cost – Rs 11,599.
- At 34,700 km an anti rattling kit was installed due to a kat kat sound coming from the dashboard area. Though the sound vanished on its own, we still installed the anti rattling kit. Cost Rs – 501.
- At 44,000 km changed all the 5 tyres to Yokokama Earth 1. (185/65/R14) Rs 22,000. New Exide mileage battery – Rs 3,200 (FNG).
- At 45,000 km there was a recall from Toyota to change the front seat belt Pre-tensioners. Cost – 0.
- At 51,000 km front left shock absorber was changed. Cost – Rs 2,200.
- At 64,000 km upgraded the horn to dual Minda jalwa horn. Rs 1,200 (FNG).
- Changed a head light bulb – Rs 220 (FNG).
- Got an extra check up done just before a long trip and stocked 1L engine oil and coolant along with washing and cleaning. Rs 2,500.
- Got the right hand side rear view mirror glass changed as the original one fell off by getting hit with the orvm of another car. Rs 1,065.
- Got the front right wheel bearing changed with the hub at 79,800 km. Rs 2,900 (FNG).
- At 86,000 km mark rats chewed the left side headlight holder. Replaced with a new one. Damage to pocket – Rs 150.
- At 86,000 km mark replaced the wiper. Damage to pocket – Rs 524.
- Got the left wheel bearing changed with the hub at 88,000 km. Rs 3,100 (FNG).
- A minor denting and painting job in a FNG. Rs 4,000.
- At 93,000 km mark, four new Yokohama Earth one tyres were installed. Rs 17,000.
- At 96,500 km mark a new Exide Matrix Battery was installed. Rs 4,400.
- At 103,000 km needed a headlight bulb (left) replacement. Rs 200.
- At 104,000 km rear boot-lid alignment for a minor hit from behind. Rs 470.
- At 107,000 km a small repair for rat bite. Rs 1,000.
- Two new headlight bulbs. Rs 400.
- Ac gas top up at 110,000 km. Rs 2000.
- Wiper blade- Rs 550.
Scheduled 1 year/10,000kms services with other wear & tear part replacements:
- 1,000 km- 1st service. Cost- 0.
- 10,000 km- 2nd service- Changed engine oil and oil filter. (synthetic oil.) Cost – Rs 2,800.
- 20,000 km- 3rd service. Changed engine oil (Synthetic oil), oil filter, 4 spark plugs, rotation of tyres and greasing the side walls of the tyres. Cost – Rs 3,400.
- 30,000 km- 4th service. Changed engine oil (Synthetic oil), oil filter, ac filter, wiper blade. 30,000 km service inspection cost, rear brake shoe assembly both side inspection, front disc brake pad both side inspection cost – Rs 5,240.
- 40,000 km- 5th service. Changed engine oil (Synthetic oil), oil filter, 4 spark plugs, Brake fluid. Cost – Rs 5,500.
- 50,000 km- 6th service. Engine oil (Synthetic oil) and oil filter change, Wiper washer fluid top up, 3M under body check up, Foam wash to the exterior body, Premium interior clean.
The only added attention the car needed was the change of the front left shock absorber. It developed a leak. Got the air filter and ac filter cleaned too, Brakes shoes/pads checked and cleaned. The total bill amount was Rs 8,500.
- 60,000 km- 7th service. Changed engine oil (Synthetic oil), oil filter, ac filter, wiper blade, 4 spark plugs, Clutch cable, left rear tail lamp, rear brake shoe assembly both side inspection, front disc, brake pads both side inspection. Cost – Rs 8,500.
- 70,000 km- 8th service. Changed engine oil (synthetic), oil filter, front brake pads. Rs 6,591.
- 80,000 km- 9th service. Changed engine oil (Synthetic oil), oil filter, 4 spark plugs, Brake fluid, air filter. Rs 6,700.
- 90,000 km – 10th service. Changed engine oil (Synthetic oil), 0il filter, Ac filter, fuel filter, right wheel bearing. Rs 11,540.
- 100,000 km service at 96,600 km mark- Changed engine oil, Oil filter, 4 spark plugs, Gearbox inner oil seal, Transmission oil, Clutch plate assembly (Excluding the flywheel). Rs 20,355.
- 110,000 km service at 104,000 km- Engine oil, Oil filter, front two shock-absorbers, Lower arm (both sides), wheel balancing and alignment, front brake pads and discs, rear brake shoes, spare wheel retaining screw. Rs- 32,186.
- 120,000 km service at 110,000 km. Engine oil (Fully synthetic), Engine oil Filter, Air Filter, AC filter, 4 spark plugs, Changed the brake oil, Wiper blade, AC gas top up. Rs 8,317.
Total cost over these 11 years including service, parts changed, tyres, battery, body work (minor denting & painting) = Rs 201,717. This comes to approximately Rs 1.82 per km.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article